Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Warhammer Online: Pre-Loaded

As much as I tried to avoid it, it proved too much to dodge all the pre-release hype and buzz surrounding Mythic's new foray into the MMORPG scene. I knew I was going to play it but I figured I'd try it a couple months after release giving Mythic time to iron out any possible kinks. After being burned by the Beta excitement of AoC, I figured I owed the next company a shot of presenting their best possible face to me.

That resolution lasted until the NDA lifted and the floodgates were opened for bloggers and other web presences to reveal some of the gameplay features that would be coming out in WAR. After finding out pre-orders would be able to play in an Open Beta and that it would be possible to pre-order from direct2drive bypassing the usual pre-order hijinks that occur when you pre-order from an online retailer, the deal was sealed.

So now the Open Beta has been pre-loaded on my system and I'm just waiting for Sep. 9 to come around to start scribbling my first few entries into my own Tome of Knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment