Sunday, August 31, 2008

Googlicious.

I don't change browser home pages lightly. I've had the same Yahoo page for years; customized to my liking and soon forgotten. I've ignored fancier options over the years until I started using Blogger recently. This required me to sign up for a gmail account instead of just taking my usual Yahoo email. This, of course, triggered a change when opening up a Google page as I am wont to do. There was now something called iGoogle which looked suspiciously like a portal page. Still, I was able to ignore this new development until I decided to investigate Google Reader as a way to keep track of my blogs both at work and home. Hmmm, maybe I should take a second look at this iGoogle and its widgets.

Browsing the widgets available on iGoogle was a pretty daunting task. There must be thousands of apps available for this thing! Everything you could want to cram into your home page is available. You can even find a list of Eve Online apps here. Neat, I could keep track of my skill training and even market transactions from a browser at work.

Looks like I have a new home page now.

No comments:

Post a Comment